Tom Brady restructured his deal on Monday in a move that will give the Patriots some much-needed salary cap relief. A ton of fan enthusiasts have lauded Brady for the move, even calling him a football martyr.
But before we get too crazy with all of this talk, understand Brady does get a lot of guaranteed money for the move. Plus, Brady had a lot of extra “perks” and provisions added to his deal which shows he’s not making out too badly.
NFL.com was able to unearth some of these requests:
- Bill Belichick must wear a tie at least once a year.
- Team must wear Ugg boots on chartered flights.
- I will not get on the charter again if “Blue Bloods” is the in-flight entertainment.
- Fans from Boston are not allowed to make eye contact with me. Just to be on the safe side, nobody named Tommy, Sean or Sully is allowed within 100 feet of my presence.
- At least once a year, everybody must style their hair like their favorite cartoon character. For me, it’s Tin-Tin.
- There must also be at least one “dress like Hannibal Lecter” day, too.
- Gisele gets to pick the team’s next wide receiver.
- I’m given a goat for each year I am with the Patriots.
- Rob Gronkowski must keep his shirt on at all times.
- No matter what, I must make more money than Mark Sanchez at all times.