The Rewind: Mark Sanchez’s clipboard, royal baby names and 5 ways to enjoy the NFL playoffs (if your team stinks)
Published: December 5th, 2012 | Tags: Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck, Calvin Johnson, connor barth, Jets, Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Kate Middleton, Madden Curse, Mark Sanchez, New England Patriots, Prince William, RG3, Russell Wilson, University of Alabama, University of Notre Dame
We hope your week 13 was better than the one Mark Sanchez had. We’ve got some fun reads for you and want to make sure you check them out. So here’s our clipboard of content:
- Exclusive: Jets Quarterback Mark Sanchez’s clipboard – Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez was lifted during Sunday’s game against the Arizona Cardinals. Sanchez was caught furiously scribbling on his clipboard. What could he have possibly been writing? We got a sneak peek with our spy camera.
- Madden Curse Watch – Calvin Johnson erupts against the Colts, but Andrew Luck leads a fourth quarter charge. Madden Curse watch has all the drama captured on camera and on video.
- NFL Royalty – Photo gallery – In honor of Prince William and Kate announcing Kate’s pregnancy, we decided to compile a gallery of current NFL players whose names have a “royal” affiliation. We found a King and a Prince, but no Knights or Dukes.
- Week 13: Curse, Coincidence or Superstition – Many sports fans are inclined to believe that team losses can be traced back to a curse or superstition. So who said or did something to ruin their team’s chance at a win in Week 13? Take a look.
- Expected, Unexpected – It’s week 13 and the playoff picture is becoming clearer, as the Falcons, Patriots, Texans, and Broncos all clinched a playoff appearance. What isn’t becoming clearer is the quarterback situation in New York. Or how in the world Adrian Peterson healed from his ACL surgery so quickly and continues to ravage opposing defenses.
- Rookie Bucket List – Five rookie quarterbacks earned the starting job. We’re keeping track of their performance on the field from RG3 to Andrew Luck to Russell Wilson.
- RG3 Zone -RG3 is a Giants slayer. He threw one touchdown pass and ran for 72 yards in a 17-16 victory over the New York Giants keeping the Redskins playoff hopes alive. Watch the highlights!
- Alternative Ranking – A number of teams clinched playoff spots, including the Patriots and Texans. However, we still have some debate for the bottom of the NFL. Those teams that could end up being No. 1 – in April.
- Top 5 ways to enjoy the NFL Playoffs (if your team stinks) – So your team’s season is over. Maybe they haven’t been officially eliminated from the playoffs just yet, but you know the truth. They’redone. Whether you’re bitter that your team didn’t live up to its potential (Eagles, Chargers) or you saw this coming back in August (Chiefs, Raiders), here is a list of ways for you to make the most of what’s left of the NFL season, even with your team on its way out.
- Footballogy – If it feels like one or two games each weekend are decided by a kicker in the last few seconds – it’s because it’s true. And yet the highest scorers in NFL history remain unappreciated. Footballogy explores kickers like Connor Barth and their often overlooked counterparts.
- The Season – Bears cornerback Tim Jennings defines the term ‘playing big’ – measured not only by his productivity on the field, but also by the toughness that has gotten him there.
- Top 10 NFL Notre Dame and Alabama players – Alabama and Notre Dame. Two juggernauts of college football will face each other on January 7 in the BCS National Championship Game in New Orleans. Both collegiate powerhouses are factories for producing NFL players. Here’s our list of the top 10 NFL players each school has produced from Joe Montana to Joe Namath.