New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning caused a stir prior to last season when he told the world he was an elite quarterback. Eli, of course, proved his doubters wrong when he was selected as MVP of Super Bowl XLVI — the second of his NFL career.
But if there are still stragglers of haters out there who refused to recognize his greatness, Eli might have gotten his most flattering praise when the Madden NFL 13 ratings were released on Monday. Eli holds a Madden rating of 97 — good for fourth overall behind Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Drew Brees. And trust me, players take these ratings seriously.
Eli also rated ahead of his brother, Peyton Manning, who earned a 93 rating from the popular gaming franchise. Thanksgiving could be awkward this year.
Here is the complete top 10:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers: 99 overall
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots: 98 overall
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints: 98 overall
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants: 97 overall
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: 95 overall
6. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: 93 overall
7. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers: 92 overall
8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions: 91 overall
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: 90 overall
10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: 89 overall
There is one notable omission, where is Cam Newton? Pretty harsh considering he was the runner-up for the cover spot. What are your thoughts?
Follow Adam Rank via Twitter @adamrank