Colts fans and NFL enthusiasts were worked into a frenzy when Rob Lowe reported Peyton Manning was retiring. Yes, that Rob Lowe.
But this isn’t the first time Lowe has broken news. As a longtime Lowe follower, I was able to go back and look back at some of his most infamous tweets.*
Let’s count down the top 10. (And yes, I get paid for this.)
10. Norv Turner is the man to lead the Chargers to the Super Bowl! (Feb. 19, 2007)
9. Hear me now, believe me later, but this JaMarcus Russell kid is going to be an NFL superstar. (April 30, 2007)
8. Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian are going to be around forever like Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson! (Jan. 1, 2008)
7. The Packers are going to regret letting Brett Favre go and starting this scrub, Aaron Rodgers. They’ll never win a Super Bowl with him. (Sept. 4, 2008)
6. I’ll co-star in “Tommy Boy II” before the Cardinals ever play in a Super Bowl. (Dec. 29, 2008)
5. Ben Roethlisberger just seems like a great guy to be around. The kind of guy you’d want your sister to marry. (Feb. 1, 2009)
4. Nobody is going to care about Tim Tebow once he goes to the NFL. We’ll never think about him again! (April 29, 2010)
3. Look at my fantasy team: Jamaal Charles, Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt and Peyton Manning. I can’t lose! (Sept. 1, 2011)
2. The Eagles are loaded! There’s no way they miss the playoffs! (Sept. 6, 2011)
1. Ran into Rex Ryan at Steak ‘n Shake. I believe him when he says the Jets are going to the Super Bowl. (Sept. 7, 2009; Sept 9, 2010; Sept 1, 2011)
BTW, we’re all falling for a huge prank here. Remember it when Peyton Manning shows up on an episode of “Parks & Recreation.”
*None of these tweets are true. Was Twitter even around in 2007?