Published: November 9th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Al Davis, Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Dave Dameshek, Derrick Mason, Drew Brees, Jason La Canfora, Joe Paterno, Michael Fabiano, New England Patriots, NFL Films, Penn State, Philadelphia Eagles, Ronde Barber, Steve Wyche
Time flies when you’re having fun, and the 2011 NFL regular season is already half over. With that in mind, we asked eight NFL.com and NFL Network analysts for their award winners at the halfway point and revised predictions for the postseason, and the results are in. Also, Steve Wyche handicaps the path to the playoffs for high-profile and upstart teams alike, our panel of experts presents their choices for the biggest story of the season so far, and we’ve got highlights of our picks for the five best catches of the year.
Here’s what else is on tap for Wednesday:
- If you’re looking for some bold predictions about what will happen over the season’s final two months, Jason La Canfora is your guy. Among them: Drew Brees will make history.
- NFL players who played for Penn State coach Joe Paterno reacted Tuesday to the growing sex-abuse scandal that will reportedly bring an end to the career of the 84-year-old coaching legend.
- Mike Shana-tan, the Baltimore Ravens’ unhealthy obsession with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the New England Patriots’ long, slow decline are just a few of Dave Dameshek‘s deserving targets in the latest Shame Report.
- Bucs cornerback Ronde Barber and Texans receiver Derrick Mason have tangled a few times in their day. Watch NFL Network’s “Around The League Live” Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET to see these two veterans of the NFL wars bat around the hot topics of the day.
- Tune into NFL Network Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET for an enhanced replay of Monday night’s back-and-forth affair between the Chicago Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Have your say in who wins top honors for last weekend’s games by voting for the NFL’s Hardest Working Man award, the Rookie of the Week, Air & Ground Players of the Week, and Never Say Never Moment of the Week. And don’t forget to fill out your Pro Bowl ballot.
- Get an exclusive first look at the next episode of “A Football
Life,” which chronicles the one-of-a-kind life of legendary Raiders owner Al
Davis. The full NFL Films documentary airs Friday night on NFL Network.
- If Tim Tebow is on your fantasy team, you’re pretty happy with him — this week, anyway. Michael Fabiano has talk of Tebow and more in this week’s fantasy mailbag. And don’t miss Jason Smith‘s Touches List if you want to stay on top of your fantasy options.
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.