Published: October 28th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, A.J. Green, Adam Rank, Albert Breer, Aldon Smith, Arian Foster, Ben Roethlisberger, Brian Billick, Dave Dameshek, Fred Jackson, Jack Youngblood, Jerry Glanville, John Calipari, MC Hammer, Michael Fabiano, Michael Wilbon, New England Patriots, Paul Posluszny, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rich Eisen
Friday is the last day to have a say in who wins top honors for last weekend’s games by voting for the NFL’s Hardest Working Man award, the Rookie of the Week, Air & Ground Player of the Week, and Never Say Never Moment of the Week. And don’t forget to fill out your Pro Bowl ballot!
Here’s what else is on tap for Friday:
- Rookie linebacker Aldon Smith has been one of the keys to the San Francisco 49ers’ impressive 5-1 start. Tune into NFL Network’s “Around the League Live” Friday at 5 p.m. ET to hear from Smith, plus Jaguars linebacker Paul Posluszny stops by to discuss Jacksonville’s big upset of Baltimore on Monday night.
- As we approach the midway point of the NFL season, the inevitable march to the first firing of a coach has begun, and NFL Network’s Brian Billick says each of the NFL’s three winless teams presents a case study in how the process plays out.
- What does a 5-o’clock shadow, a hoodie and a ratty red hat have to do with the Chiefs’ recent three-game winning streak? Let Albert Breer explain and cover much more in his weekly notebook.
- Most fans know that the New England Patriots have had the edge over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Ben Roethlisberger era, but what other teams are in a good position to pick up tough road wins this week? Find out in the latest edition of Greatness on the Road.
- Dave Dameshek makes Adam Rank‘s day by inviting his boyhood hero, L.A. Rams legend Jack Youngblood, onto his podcast, then makes it even better by adding an interview with Bills RB Fred Jackson, the fantasy football hero of the season.
- Rich Eisen‘s second podcast of the week features Pro Bowl RB Arian Foster, Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari and “Pardon the Interruption” co-host Michael Wilbon.
- MC Hammer knows what it’s like to have it all, and then lose it. The rapper told his story to the San Francisco 49ers this week and offered advice to the players. Holy Jerry Glanville!
- Bengals receiver A.J. Green is proving that it’s not only rookie QBs who are making great starts to their NFL careers. NFL.com fantasy guru Michael Fabiano says you’d be wise to start Green in Seattle.
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.