Published: October 24th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Arian Foster, Carson Palmer, Chicago Bears, Cliff Avril, Jeff Darlington, Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford, Ndamukong Suh, New York Jets, NFL Network, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Stephen J. Dubner, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tim Tebow
The Tim Tebow era got off to a memorable start in Miami Sunday, where the former Florida Gator looked terrible for three-and-a-half quarters before rallying the Broncos to turn a 15-0 deficit with 2:39 left into an 18-15 overtime win. Jeff Darlington was in Miami for the aftermath of a thrilling Denver comeback, and a shocking Dolphins collapse.
Here’s what else is on tap for Monday:
- The New York Jets’ 27-21 comeback victory over the San Diego Chargers was one of Sunday’s highlights. If you missed the game, or if you just want to watch it again, catch it on NFL Network Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET.
- Catch up on all of Sunday’s action with NFL.com’s exclusive Game Center, and watch every one of the 49 touchdowns scored Sunday with NFL Network’s RedZone Recap.
- Quarterbacks Matthew Stafford and Matt Ryan and running backs Beanie Wells, Earnest Graham, Darren McFadden and Willis McGahee were among the players injured on Sunday. Get the full injury roundup here.
- Atlanta Falcons players accused Lions defensive linemen Ndamukong Suh and Cliff Avril of taunting quarterback Matt Ryan when Ryan was on the field writhing in pain after hurting his knee during Atlanta’s victory in Detroit.
- Carson Palmer‘s Silver and Black debut was a disaster, as Palmer and Kyle Boller were each picked off three times in a 28-0 shutout courtesy of the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Is the theory of momentum in football a myth? Stephen J. Dubner, co-author of “Freakonomics,” takes a look behind the stats and theories that power the NFL.
- While the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were getting ready to play the Chicago Bears in London, their cheerleaders were teaching rugby players how we play football in America, and learning a thing or two about what it’s like to play rugby.
- Texans running back Arian Foster had a monster stat line against the Titans, amassing 234 total yards and three TDs, but was he the top fantasy player of the week? Cast your vote now to decide!
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.