NFL.com Staff | Tags:
- The Cowboys haven’t gotten much from Tony Romo today — 111 yards and a touchdown — but they haven’t needed it with DeMarco Murray already well over 100 yards with a rushing TD.
- It’s becoming impossible to know what to make of the Packers’ running game. Ryan Grant and James Starks have gotten an equal number of carries and have been equally unimpressive — 4 rush, 18 yards each.
- After hearing all week that Jackie Battle would get the bulk of the carries, it’s Dexter McCluster leading the team in carries at halftime. McCluster has five carries, Battle has three, Thomas Jones has two while Le’Ron McClain has one — which went for a one-yard touchdown.
- Steven Jackson has started well with 12 rushes for 59 yards and a TD. As long as the Rams can stay close, it’s easy to imagine St. Louis leaning on him to take pressure off of A.J. Feeley.
- With Darren McFadden on the sideline, Michael Bush has done solid work, rushing for 78 yards on 10 carries.
- The Buccaneers are off next week, but keep an eye on their running back situation. Hopefully LeGarrette Blount will be back and hopefully Earnest Graham’s injury isn’t serious. Otherwise, it’ll be a full dose of Kregg Lumpkin in Week 9. Whoever imagined we’d be saying that?
- It’s another big day for Matt Forte, who finished with 145 rushing yards and a touchdown to go along with another 38 yards receiving.
- Looks like Knowshon Moreno is bumped further down the depth chart. After Willis McGahee left with an injury, Lance Ball saw a number of carries. Ball finished the game with six rushes, compared to seven for Moreno.
- Redskins fans may not be thrilled with it, but John Beck had a respectable fantasy day with 279 passing yards, a touchdown and an interception.
- The Cam Newton show (featuring Steve Smith) rolls on. Newton threw for 256 yards and a TD and ran for another 59 yards and a score. Smith had seven catches for 143 yards. And in a cameo appearance, Jonathan Stewart added 68 yards and a touchdown.
- Has any quarterback fallen farther than Philip Rivers this year? Sure he was playing the Jets, but you should be able to expect more than 179 pass yards. Plus with the two interceptions put a big damper on the one touchdown pass.
- Ryan Mathews continues to be hit or miss. With just 65 combined yards (39 rush, 26 rec), today was a miss.
- Even Mark Sanchez put together a nice fantasy day, thanks to three touchdown passes — all to Plaxico Burress — although he was less than efficient with just 173 yards on 18 completions.
- Shonn Greene showed some life today, rushing for 112 yards. A touchdown would have been nice, but considering how he’s produced for most of the year, fantasy owners will take it.
- In the game that offense forgot, Browns running back Montario Hardesty had a decent day with 95 yards on 33 carries. Even when Peyton Hillis comes back, it will be hard to gauge which of the two will get most of the carries.
- If you haven’t figured it out, Chris Johnson is a fantasy non-factor. He has just 16 yards on nine carries in the first half. And with the Titans trailing 20-0, they will likely have to go to the air more.
- Tim Tebow has been less than super in the first half. 24 yards passing, 44 yards rushing.
- Midway through the morning games, there have been a total of eight touchdowns scored. And one of them came from the Chargers’ defense.
- Looks like there’s a running back rotation in San Diego. Mike Tolbert has nine carries for 53 yards and a TD. Ryan Mathews has six carries for 14 yards.
- No Jahvid Best is an early problem for the Lions. Keiland Williams has three carries, starter Maurice Morris has three carries and Nate Burleson has one carry. They’ve run for a combined 41 yards.
- Don’t look now, but there’s productivity from a Panthers running back. Jonathan Stewart has 50 yards on four carries.
- The time off has done Antonio Gates some good. He has an early three catches for 26 yards and TD.
- Arian Foster is setting up to have a full day. Late in the first quarter, he has eight carries for 48 yards and two catches for 32 yards.
- Once again, Shanahanigans are taking a toll. After hearing all week that Ryan Torain would see most of the carries, it was Tim Hightower who started and has three carries. Torain has none.
- Matt Forte is continuing to prove he’s an elite running back. He’s off to a quick start with 59 yards and a touchdown on just four carries.
- Already a bad day for Marshawn Lynch fantasy owners. After being listed as active, Lynch injured his back during warmups and won’t play today. Instead, Leon Washington will start for Seattle.
— Marcas Grant
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.