Published: October 20th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, A.J. Green, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Cincinnati Bengals, Donovan McNabb, Ed Sabol, Gil Brandt, Jeff Darlington, Jordy Nelson, Kansas City Chiefs, LaMarr Woodley, NFL Films, Super Bowl
Ninety-four-year-old Ed Sabol became the oldest man ever inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame earlier this year. See how the founder of NFL Films changed the way we watch sports and earned the gratitude of generations of NFL stars when “A Football Life: Ed Sabol” premieres on NFL Network Thursday at 10 p.m. ET, and watch a special sneak peek here.
Here’s what else is on tap for Thursday:
- Packers’ receiver Jordy Nelson and Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley haven’t met since last year’s Super Bowl, but they’d sure like to do it again next February. Hear what they have to say on NFL Network’s “Around the League Live” Thursday at 5 p.m. ET.
- After just three practices, Carson Palmer must go from not playing at all to leading a 4-2 Oakland team against the defending AFC West champion Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Jeff Darlington writes.
- Cincinnati Bengals rookies Andy Dalton and A.J. Green were wired for sound as the team got its fourth win against the Indianapolis Colts in Week 6. Watch and listen.
- Recent history shows there’s usually at least one big-name coach to be fired each season. Who could be the next surprise? Gil Brandt has some heavy hitters on his list.
- Whether Donovan McNabb will ever again be an NFL starter is debatable. What can’t be argued, Jason Smith writes, is the veteran QB’s impact on the league and on sports in general.
- Joe Theismann, Dhani Jones, Steve Mariucci and Warren Sapp go over the hottest NFL topics, including the Jim Harbaugh-Jim Schwartz handshake flap and the Raiders’ trade for Carson Palmer, on the latest “No Huddle” podcast.
- Fall may be in full swing, but the NFL’s cheerleaders are here to bring a little sunshine to an otherwise gray day. Check out our latest photo gallery.
- You can have a say in who wins top honors for last weekend’s games by voting for the NFL’s Hardest Working Man award, the Rookie of the Week, Air & Ground Player of the Week, and Never Say Never Moment of the Week.
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.