Published: October 18th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Adam Rank, Andrew Luck, Brandon Lloyd, Bucky Brooks, Denver Broncos, Hines Ward, Jason Campbell, Kyle Boller, Michael Fabiano, Michael Lombardi, Mike Sims-Walker, Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams
Some players — and even some coaches — bring a blue-collar, working-man approach to their football, and we like to honor that spirit with the Hardest Working Man award. You can vote for this week’s winner, and don’t forget to make your choice for Rookie of the Week, Air & Ground Players of the Week and Never Say Never Moment of the Week.
Here’s what else is on tap for Tuesday:
- The San Francisco 49ers’ hard-fought victory in Detroit Sunday shook up the sports talk shows, now see what it did to this week’s NFL.com Power Poll.
- While the post-game handshake has been the main topic of conversation, that 49ers-Lions game really was a classic battle — and you can check it out for yourself tonight on NFL Replay (NFL Network, 8 p.m. ET).
- The Denver Broncos shipped receiver Brandon Lloyd to the St. Louis Rams on Monday, whereupon the Rams released receiver Mike Sims-Walker.
- With starter Jason Campbell out with surgery on his broken collarbone, the Oakland Raiders are in the market for a quarterback to back up Kyle Boller and Terrelle Pryor, but their time might be running out.
- With Tuesday’s NFL trading deadline looming, Adam Rank looks at the biggest in-season deals in league history.
- Catch up with Steelers receiver Hines Ward as he discusses the state of the defending AFC champions on NFL Network’s “Total Access” Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET.
- Thanks to the confidence instilled in them by fiery coach Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers have all but wrapped up the NFC West. Michael Lombardi explains why as he looks back at a wild Week 6.
- Picking the best college quarterback after Andrew Luck isn’t easy, but Bucky Brooks suggests that a converted receiver offers the next-best possibility in his weekly College Stock Watch.
- It’s Tebow time for your fantasy team! Michael Fabiano says you should add the Broncos’ starting QB off the waiver wire, and he offers nine other players you should watch.