Published: October 7th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Cam Newton, Chad Henne, Darrelle Revis, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Nnamdi Asomugha, Roddy White, Sage Rosenfels, Steve Smith, Wes Welker
Will Cam Newton finally win the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award? Which quarterback and running back should be the FedEx Air & Ground Players of Week 4? Which of last Sunday’s dramatic comebacks deserves to be the GMC Never Say Never Moment of the Week? Voting closes at midday Friday, so log on and make your choice today.
Here’s what else is on tap for Friday:
- With the second quarter of the NFL season about to kick off, Pat Kirwan takes a look at Week 5′s matchups and wonders if the Vikings or Colts might be about to get their first win. Plus, get ready for all this weekend’s action at NFL.com’s exclusive Game Center.
- Aaron Rodgers is off to one of the best starts in NFL history. Find out what he thinks about Green Bay’s chances to repeat, why the team didn’t hold player-led workouts during the lockout, and Brett Favre‘s critical comments, in an excerpt from this Sunday’s “GameDay Morning” interview on NFL Network.
- Speaking of Rodgers, his verbal war with Falcons receiver Roddy White is heating up again as the teams prepare to face off this week, after White said last season that the Falcons were better than the Packers despite Green Bay’s 48-21 playoff win.
- With Chad Henne out for the season, the winless Miami Dolphins signed Sage Rosenfels to back up — or possibly compete with — new starter Matt Moore.
- Patriots receiver Wes Welker has been a nightmare to cover this season, so is Jets CB Darrelle Revis up to the challenge? Steve Wyche breaks down Week 5′s key matchups.
- The Eagles defense has the talent to play better than it has showed during the team’s 1-3 start, and Brian Billick says if Philly’s D wants to stop playing like dogs they must adopt the “cat.”
- One common word keeps popping up in describing the Detroit Lions’ run from 0-16 in 2008 to a 4-0 start in 2011. Albert Breer shares what it is.
- Steve Smith has been revitalized by Cam Newton‘s arrival in Carolina. That’s a good reason to start the Panthers wideout against New Orleans in Week 5, says NFL.com fantasy editor Michael Fabiano.
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.