Published: October 5th, 2011 | Tags:
If the first four weeks of the season are any indication, Cam Newton might well be the NFL’s rookie of the year. But despite his record passing pace, the Panthers’ exciting young quarterback has yet to be voted the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. Will this be the week he captures the honor? You can help decide by logging on to vote.
Here’s what else is on tap for Wednesday:
- The Detroit Lions hit the big stage in Big D last Sunday, and their stirring comeback (or the Cowboys’ shocking collapse, depending on your point of view) was the talk of the league. If you missed the game, catch it on NFL Network Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET.
- The Miami Dolphins held talks and/or workouts with veteran free agent quarterbacks David Garrard, Jake Delhomme, Trent Edwards and Brody Croyle on Tuesday as they searched for a possible replacement for injured starter Chad Henne.
- Redskins tight end Chris Cooley breached NFL etiquette this week and rubbed salt in Tony Romo‘s wounds, calling the Cowboys quarterback a choker and revelling in his NFC East rival’s 24-point collapse against the Lions.
- Packers wideout Greg Jennings talks about Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay’s scorching offensive performance this season on NFL Network’s “Total Access” Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET.
- Week 5 features two high-profile rematches of last season’s playoff games: Jets-Patriots and Packers-Falcons. Find out what NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora thinks of those grudge matches and the weekend’s other games.
- Find out who NFL Network’s “Playbook” crew of Sterling Sharpe, Brian Baldinger, Matt Millen and Joe Theismann are picking to win this week’s key matchups.
- Tony Romo‘s meltdown against Detroit makes Dave Dameshek‘s list of Week 4′s most shameful performances, alongside Hank Williams Jr., Madonna and Victor Cruz.
- Check out Rich Eisen‘s latest podcast with guests Wes Welker, who’s on pace to shatter NFL receiving records, and “Curb Your Enthusiasm” writer Jeff Schaffer, whose fantasy football-inspired comedy “The League” has its third-season premiere Thursday night on FX.
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.