Published: October 4th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Hank Williams Jr., LeGarrette Blount, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Buffalo Bills’ upset at the hands of the Cincinnati Bengals dropped them from the heady ranks of the top 5 in NFL.com’s latest Power Poll, but otherwise there wasn’t much change at the top, with Green Bay and New Orleans leading the way. Find out where your team stands in our experts’ rankings, and log on to enter your own choices in our fan rankings.
Here’s what else is on tap for Tuesday:
- With efforts like Monday night’s 127 yards rushing in a victory over the Indianapolis Colts, Tampa Bay running back LeGarrette Blount is making fans forget his troubled past and look forward to his bright future, writes NFL.com’s Jeff Darlington.
- If you missed Sunday’s action, you can catch the best games again on NFL Network. Tuesday offers Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers going up against Brian Urlacher and the Chicago Bears at 8 p.m. ET, followed by San Francisco’s shocking comeback against Philadelphia at 9:30 p.m. ET.
- Fans of teams suffering losing starts to the season are already up in arms. Listen in to radio callers in Dallas, New York, Philadelphia and Minnesota as they rant about their teams.
- With Hank Williams Jr.‘s familiar theme song possibly gone from “Monday Night Football” for good after the singer’s comparison of President Obama to Adolf Hitler, our Adam Rank nominates six performers who should be considered to replace him.
- A quarter of the way through the season, Jason La Canfora says surprise teams like Tennessee and San Francisco are starting to prove they have staying power.
- Who’s your first-quarter MVP? The “NFL Total Access” crew hands out awards to who they think are the best players through Week 4 on both sides of the ball.
- Is your team plagued by quarterback struggles? It’s never too soon to think about the future, and NFL.com draft expert Bucky Brooks offers up his weekly look at future prospects in his College Stock Watch.
- It’s already time for you to start thinking about how you can fix your fantasy team for Week 5. NFL.com fantasy editor Michael Fabiano has 10 names you should be targeting on the waiver wire.
- Come up with names for the week’s most exciting plays, and tweet your way into the NFL history books. We’ll pick our favorites, and let users pick the final winner each week.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.