With kickoff of Week 2 hours away, the playing status of some prominent names is coming into clearer focus:
- Cowboys WR Dez Bryant (thigh) would have to show much improvement in pregame activities to be able to play against the 49ers. Internal expectations aren’t high for him to play.
- Jets WR Santonio Holmes (knee) told teammates he will play, and the team fully expects him to go against the Jaguars. UPDATE: NFL Network’s Albert Breer reports that Holmes, safety Eric Smith (ankle) and LB David Harris (toe) will play for the Jets, according to team sources.
- Redskins safety LaRon Landry (hamstring) will be inactive, but LB Brian Orakpo (ankle) will play against the Cardinals.
- Saints safety Roman Harper (ankle) will be active against the Bears, but CB Tracy Porter (calf) is a true game-time decision, and unless he shows well in a fitness test, he’ll be inactive. UPDATE: Harper and Porter were listed as inactive on the Saints’ official list.
- Raiders DE Richard Seymour (ribs) will play against the Bills, but he’ll be closely monitored by the medical staff to see how many snaps he can take.
- Colts DE Robert Mathis (neck) intends to play against the Browns.
Comments may be no longer than 2000 characters and will post to the site shortly after submitting.