Which results from the NFL’s kickoff weekend were a fluke, and which ones were signs of things to come? This weekend’s games should go a long way toward answering that question, and NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora provides some hints with his weekly breakdown of all the games.
Here’s what else is on tap for Friday:
- Get an exclusive look at the highly anticipated NFL Films documentary centered around one of the NFL’s greatest coaches, “A Football Life: Bill Belichick” airing this month on NFL Network.
- Who’s playing and who’s not this weekend? Get the latest on the key injuries from around the league.
- Jeff Saturday and Justin Tuck join the “NFL Total Access” crew to debate whether or not former Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi was out of line with his comments on Chad Ochocinco.
- Who will have the better game on Sunday: Tom Brady or Philip Rivers? NFL Network analyst Brian Billick discusses the matchup of prolific passers.
- Elliot Harrison says the revamped Oakland Raiders are for real, and will challenge San Diego for the AFC West crown this year.
- It takes a lot to win on the road in the NFL. Find out which four teams possess the ingredients to pull off that difficult feat in Week 2 in the return of our Greatness on the Road column.
- Dave Dameshek & Co. welcome Deadspin writer Drew Magary to talk some football and bat around this week’s NFL stories, before looking ahead to see who will win in Week 2.
- It’s time for fantasy football players to start zeroing in on Week 2. Check out Scott Engel of RotoExperts.com and Adam Rank‘s fantasy mailbag before you make your final decisions.
- And take advantage of your last chance to sign up to play NFL.com’s Fantasy Football game for free in 2011.
- Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.