Published: September 9th, 2011 | Tags: Week 1 injuries 2011, Aaron Kampman, Alphonso Smith, Antoine Bethea, Arian Foster, Asante Samuel, Austin Collie, Chris Cooley, Corey Peters, Dashon Goldson, Donte' Stallworth, Eben Britton, James Hall, Javon Ringer, Jeff Otah, Jon Beason, Justin Tuck, LaRon Landry, marion barber, Michael Hoomanawanui, Mike Jenkins, Oshiomogho Atogwe, Phil Costa, Robert Gallery, Sidney Rice, Steve Smith, Terence Newman, Todd McClure, Travis Beckum, Tyron Smith, Vince Young, Zach Miller
The official Week 1 injury reports for all 32 teams are in, so let’s take a lap around the league to look at some of the notable players whose status might be in question this week.
- No changes for Texans RB Arian Foster (hamstring), who is still a game-time decision against the Colts. Officially, he ‘s listed as questionable. Colts S Antoine Bethea (hamstring) and WR Austin Collie (foot) took part in full practice Friday but are listed as questionable.
- A few of the biggest names came out of Philadelphia, where coach Andy Reid said backup QB Vince Young (hamstring) isn’t likely to play, WR Steve Smith (knee) could see a few snaps and CB Asante Samuel appears OK after tweaking his shoulder in practice. The Rams listed TE Michael Hoomanawanui (calf) as questionable, while DE James Hall (back) is probable.
- The Seahawks listed two starters — WR Sidney Rice (shoulder) and LG Robert Gallery (sprained knee) — as doubtful. 49ers S Dashon Goldson (knee) missed his third straight day of practice and is also doubtful.
- Justin Tuck returned to take part in a limited portion of Giants practice Friday and is listed as questionable. Tuck, who said he was “hopeful,” could be a game-time decision. Giants TE Travis Beckum left practice with a hamstring injury and is also questionable.
- After missing practice all week, Cowboys CB Terence Newman (groin) was ruled out against the Jets, while RT Tyron Smith (knee), C Phil Costa (knee) and CB Mike Jenkins (neck/knee) are questionable.
- The Jaguars will likely be without starters DE Aaron Kampman (knee) and RT Eben Britton (back), and TE Zach Miller (right knee) was also listed as questionable. Titans RB Javon Ringer (back), the No. 2 behind Chris Johnson, is questionable after missing another practice, although coach Mike Munchak didn’t appear concerned.
- The Redskins ruled out S LaRon Landry (hamstring) and TE Chris Cooley doesn’t appear any closer after being limited in practice again due to his ailing knee. Cooley, S Oshiomogho Atogwe (hamstring), WR Donte Stallworth (shoulder) and RB Ryan Torain (hand) are also questionable.
- The Falcons officially ruled out starters C Todd McClure (knee) and DT Corey Peters (knee), while the Bears did the same for RB Marion Barber (calf), who wasn’t expected to play.
- The Panthers practiced without LB Jon Beason (ankle) and RT Jeff Otah (knee) Friday, but both are expected to play, according to the Charlotte Observer, despite being listed as questionable.
- The Lions ruled out CB Alphonso Smith, who is recovering from a broken foot.
— Frank Tadych