Published: September 9th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, 9/11, Adam Rank, Brian Billick, Dave Dameshek, Deion Sanders, Green Bay Packers, Matthew Stafford, New Orleans Saints, Peyton Manning, Roger Goodell
How’s that for a start to the season? Thursday night’s opening contest between the New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers featured more points than the previous three Thursday Kickoff games combined. Re-live all the best moments at NFL.com’s Game Center.
Here’s what else to check out for Friday:
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell plans on attending games in Baltimore, Washington and New York on Sunday as part of the NFL’s plans to remember 9/11.
- There will be lots more coverage and remembrances of the 9/11 anniversary on NFL.com throughout the weekend, including this video in which Michael Strahan reflects on being in New York at the time.
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford will be a guest tonight on “NFL Total Access.” Wonder what he’ll think about Heath Evans‘ comments that he’s not better than rookie Cam Newton.
- Expecting a fine from the NFL, Lance Briggs is going ahead with his plan to wear a pair of American-themed, red-white-and-blue gloves for the Chicago Bears’ opener against the Atlanta Falcons on Sept. 11.
- Albert Breer has picks for every Week 1 game.
- In his debut column for NFL.com, Brian Billick wonders whether the Eagles have what it takes to go the distance this year.
- After the Jaguars released quarterback David Garrard, former defensive end Hugh Douglas said his old coach Jack Del Rio “needs to be punched in the face.”
- Deion Sanders unveils his Top 10 players of the 2011 season.
- Dave Dameshek and Adam Rank talk about the start of the season on the Dave Dameshek Football Program podcast.
Want to get NFL.com’s top 10 headlines sent to your inbox daily? Click here for details.