Will he or won’t he?
The plot thickens as Colts quarterback Peyton Manning continues to progress slowly from offseason neck surgery, putting his status in doubt for Sunday’s game against the Houston Texans and maybe beyond. Get the latest on the NFL’s only four-time MVP today on “NFL Total Access” at 7 p.m. ET with a report from Indianapolis. You can also read the fantasy implications from Michael Fabiano.
Here’s what else is on tap for Monday:
- Lee Roy Selmon, the Hall of Fame defensive end widely considered to be the greatest player in Tampa Bay Buccaneers history, died Sunday — two days after being hospitalized for a stroke. He was 56. Remember Selmon in photos through the years.
- The Kansas City Chiefs season might be off to a rough start already, as a newspaper reported Sunday that starting quarterback Matt Cassel has a rib injury that could keep him out of Sunday’s opener.
- From a successful fake punt that resulted in a touchdown to some spectacular snags, take a look back at the five best plays from Week 4 preseason action.
- NFL teams announced their final player cuts this weekend to reach the league’s 53-man roster limit. Catch up on all the teams’ final cuts here.
- NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora goes over the notable roster cuts and examines which free agents are still out there waiting to land with a team.
- NFL.com analyst Pat Kirwan says the just-concluded preseason gave us some clues about what to expect when the action kicks off for real this weekend.
- Read our experts’ predictions for the 2011 season, including team and individual honors.
- Catch up with your favorite team with our comprehensive season previews of all 32 teams.
- It’s not too late to sign up to play fantasy football for free on NFL.com and draft the players that will drive your team to a championship.