QB drama in Indianapolis and Denver have been running subplots of the preseason, and the stories will continue to unfold tonight on NFL Network.
Kerry Collins gets his first preseason start in a possible dress rehearsal for Week 1 when the Colts take on the Bengals at 8 p.m. Later, we have live coverage of the Broncos’ preseason finale against the Cardinals, where Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn will get a final audition for the No. 2 spot behind Kyle Orton.
Here’s what else is on tap for Thursday:
- In agreeing Wednesday to reschedule his planned address to a joint session of Congress, President Obama might have placated House Speaker John Boehner at the expense of the nation’s football fans.
- While Dallas quarterback Tony Romo was taking another round of criticism Wednesday, former Cowboys great Troy Aikman was still steaming over a nasty book written about him 15 years ago.
- After weeks of stagnation, there finally appears to be some progress on the Chris Johnson holdout front.
- Coach Rex Ryan and the New York Jets made an emotional visit to the World Trade Center site and met surprised construction workers a little less than two weeks before the 10-year anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
- An NFL general manager disputed a report that Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor scored a 7 on the league’s Wonderlic test.
- Adam Rank takes a not-so-fond look at some personality types you’re bound to run into at your fantasy draft in the latest Pick Six.
- NFL.com’s season preview continues as our experts give their picks for the eight division winners and four wild-card teams.
- Listen in as the “NFL Total Access” crew debate which players are worth a No. 1 pick in your fantasy league this season.
- And don’t forget to sign up now to play Fantasy Football for free and then use NFL.com to get all the information you need before your draft.