Rescheduled because of Hurricane Irene, tonight’s New York showdown between the Giants and Jets offers no shortage of subplots. The spotlight burns brightest on Plaxico Burress, the former Giant and current Jet, who helped Big Blue win a title with his game-winning catch in Super Bowl XLII. Burress looks to build on his impressive debut against the the Cincinnati Bengals against the Giants’ reshuffled secondary. Also of interest will be Monday night’s attendance, after the threat of Irene swept so many out of the city and surrounding areas.
Here’s what else is on tap for Monday:
- Pittsburgh Steelers backup quarterback Byron Leftwich broke his left arm in Saturday’s preseason win over the Falcons, but one Pittsburgh newspaper is reporting that Leftwich might not have to miss the entire season.
- With Indianapolis hoping Peyton Manning will be ready for the regular season opener and newly signed backup Kerry Collins waiting for his chance in the preseason finale, don’t miss veteran Colts center Jeff Saturday‘s visit with NFL Network on Colts Cam.
- Bucky Brooks gives his observations from Week 3 of the preseason, including a surprisingly strong showing by the Detroit Lions.
- NFL.com analyst Elliot Harrison throws some cold water on all the “Dream Team” talk in a measured look at the Philadelphia Eagles’ offseason acquisitions.
- Check out the Can’t-Miss Plays from the third weekend of the preseason.
- USC football coach Lane Kiffin unloaded on his former Raiders boss Al Davis in a recent interview, depicting Davis as out-of-step with the times.
- Which regular season matchup are you looking forward to most this season? We asked our panel of experts in the latest Instant Debate.
- Join an all-new NFL Fantasy Ultimate Experience league and compete against other users for great prizes such as autographed memorabilia, customized championship rings and a trip to Super Bowl XLVI.
- Be on the lookout: Madden NFL 12 hits stores Tuesday, August 30, with enthusiasts lining up from shore to shore to grab it when the clock strikes midnight. Here’s a look at the cover photo shoot featuring Browns back Peyton Hillis.
- And don’t forget to sign up now to play Fantasy Football for free and then use NFL.com to get all the information you need before your draft.