Published: August 26th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Antwaan Randle El, Brady Quinn, Chris Johnson, Curtis Painter, Darrelle Revis, Denver Broncos, Heath Evans, Kerry Collins, Kyle Orton, Michael Lombardi, Mike Munchak, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Sean Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Vontae Davis
Did you have any issues with Michael Lombardi‘s blue-chip and red-chip rankings of the best players at each position? If you did, you weren’t alone. Check out this heated debate from Thursday night’s edition of “NFL Total Access,” in which Heath Evans and Antwaan Randle El attack Lombardi for ranking Philip Rivers over the likes of Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. It’s a good thing Lombardi wasn’t in the same studio, because it could have gotten ugly!
Here’s what else is on tap for Friday:
- The New York Giants and Jets moved up the start time of Saturday’s preseason game by five hours because of concerns over the threat of Hurricane Irene. That game can be seen live on NFL Network (2 p.m. ET) — and Giants offensive tackle David Diehl will stop by “NFL Total Access” tonight to talk about it. How does he feel about Rex Ryan saying the Jets are the best team in town? Are the Giants pumped to face old pal Plaxico Burress? Diehl will have the scoop.
- Curtis Painter has been the main backup for injured quarterback Peyton Manning for the last two seasons, but he could be playing for his job Friday night when the Colts get a visit from the Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers.
- Terrelle Pryor is expected to participate in his first NFL practice after signing a four-year contract late Thursday night with the Oakland Raiders.
- Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak said the team hasn’t discussed trading Chris Johnson, and if the star running back made such a request, it would be denied.
- Denver Broncos coach John Fox implied Wednesday that Tim Tebow will get more reps than Brady Quinn in one and perhaps both of the team’s remaining preseason games in their battle for No. 2 quarterback behind Kyle Orton.
- Miami Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith calls he and counterpart Vontae Davis the best cornerback tandem in the NFL, which might, of course, surprise the New York Jets’ Dardelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie.
- Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher doesn’t lower expectations for this season in a conversation with Rich Eisen.
- Get ready for the continuation of Week 3 of the preseason with NFL.com’s exclusive Game Center previews.
- Sign up now to play Fantasy Football for free and then use NFL.com to get all the information you need before you draft.