Published: August 23rd, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Aqib Talib, Brett Favre, Indianapolis Colts, Jim Irsay, Joe Thomas, Kenny Britt, Larry Fitzgerald, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Peyton Manning, Roger Goodell, San Francisco 49ers, Terrell Thomas, Terrelle Pryor
The New York Giants should have been all smiles after throttling the Chicago Bears, 41-13, on Monday night, but the mood around Big Blue was glum after the team lost cornerback Terrell Thomas for the season with a torn ACL.
Here’s what else is on tap for Tuesday:
- Did the Oakland Raiders get a steal by snatching former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor in the third round of Monday’s supplemental draft? NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks gives his verdict.
- The San Francisco 49ers and the Oakland Raiders have responded to the eruption of violence at Saturday’s game by announcing the likely suspension of the annual preseason series pending league approval, while the 49ers are cracking down on alcohol sales and tailgating.
- Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt and Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib will meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday to discuss what discipline, if any, the two will face for their arrests during the lockout.
- The Indianapolis Colts might be able to laugh off owner Jim Irsay‘s eccentric tweets about Brett Favre, but is the team getting itchy about Peyton Manning returning for the regular season opener, and what’s the Plan B if he doesn’t?
- Before the ink even dried on Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald‘s eight-year, $120 million contract, the Browns on Monday made Joe Thomas the league’s highest-paid offensive lineman, with a seven-year, $84 million deal. NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan considers the impact on the rest of the league.
- This year’s unprecedented free-agent frenzy is just about over, but what about the stray players out there still looking for a home? Our expert panel will tackle the subject later today in the latest Instant Debate.
- Watch the best efforts of the preseason so far with our Can’t-Miss Plays.
- Catch up with the New Orleans Saints at their summer camp getaway in sunny Oxnard, Calif., on “NFL Total Access.”
- Time is running out to make your fantasy come true this year: Sign up now to play fantasy football for free and use NFL.com to get all the information you need before your draft.