Published: August 18th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, Eli Manning, Fantasy football, Minnesota Vikings, Ndamukong Suh, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tom Brady, University of Miami
Tonight’s game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles might be just a preseason affair, but believe the hype: Last season’s AFC champs are licking their chops at the chance to take on this season’s preseason darlings.
Here’s what else is on tap Thursday:
- With Week 2 of the preseason about to kick off, NFL.com analyst Elliot Harrison explains why these games are so important, and runs down this weekend’s most intriguing storylines.
- Several high-profile NFL players implicated in a scandal involving an imprisoned University of Miami booster brushed off the claims Wednesday, while others refused to comment, but no player explicitly denied the allegations.
- Eli Manning counts himself among the NFL’s top quarterbacks, but our experts aren’t so sure. Find out where they rank Eli in our latest Instant Debate — and hear from Manning himself on Thursday night’s “NFL Total Access.”
- If you think Manning is in Tom Brady‘s class, our Adam Rank has some other things you probably think in his latest Pick Six.
- With the Lions’ Ndamukong Suh in the news for his vicious hit on Bengals QB Andy Dalton, Dave Dameshek calls out some other NFL villains in The Shame Report.
- Will Donovan McNabb replicate Brett Favre‘s 2009 success with the Vikings, or his 2010 failure in Washington? NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche reports from Minnesota’s training camp.
- Catch up with your favorite team with our comprehensive reports from all 32 NFL training camps.
- The NFL.com experts fantasy football league held its draft this week, and you might be shocked at the results.
- It’s not too late to sign up to play Fantasy Football for free on NFL.com and get ready to draft the players that will drive your team to a championship.