Published: August 16th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Chris Johnson, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Hue Jackson, John Fox, Kyle Orton, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Rainn Wilson, Rex Ryan, T, Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Wade Phillips
The Houston Texans gave new defensive coordinator Wade Phillips reason to smile — and Jets coach Rex Ryan reason to scream — in Monday night’s 20-16 Houston victory, capping the NFL’s opening week of preseason action. Get full coverage in NFL.com’s Game Center.
Here’s what else is on tap for Tuesday:
- Relive the best moments of a wild round of preseason openers as the “NFL Total Access” crew counts down the top plays.
- What did we learn over the weekend? Among the six things Adam Rank gleaned from the preseason openers: The Lions will be nobody’s pushovers this year, if Ndamukong Suh has anything to say about it.
- Rookie QBs got their chance to shine in the first week of preseason, and while some seized the moment, others found the going tough on their NFL debuts.
- New Denver coach John Fox is a no-nonsense kind of guy, and he gives a no-nonsense answer when asked on “NFL Total Access” about the quarterback battle between Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow.
- With the NFL supplemental draft set for Wednesday, Terrelle Pryor is still in a holding pattern. Should the NFL make the former Ohio State quarterback eligible? Our experts respond in the latest Instant Debate.
- NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt says the Oakland Raiders should be thinking playoffs this year, with new coach Hue Jackson and new offensive coordinator Al Saunders.
- Can the Packers and Aaron Rodgers start a new dynasty in Titletown, or are they a one-and-done Super Bowl team? NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche reports from Green Bay’s training camp.
- Sign up now to play Fantasy Football for free on NFL.com and get ready to draft the players who will drive your team to a championship.
- Speaking of fantasy football, our Adam Rank writes that Titans running back Chris Johnson‘s holdout has fantasy players across the country on edge, even provoking Rainn Wilson of “The Office” to weigh in.