The NFL’s longest offseason officially ended over the weekend when 30 of the league’s 32 teams hit the field for the first time. Take a look at the weekend’s most memorable plays.
Here’s what else is on tap for Monday:
- NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks says Carolina’s Cam Newton and Cleveland’s Colt McCoy had moments in their preseason openers that should give their teams hope for the future.
- The NFL’s new kickoff rules made their debut over the weekend, and the early returns were not enthusiastic.
- Follow your favorite team’s preparation for the 2011 season with one of our 32 comprehensive training camp reports.
- Is the Osi Umenyiora saga finally over? Find out what the disgruntled Giants defensive end had to say about playing this year under his current contract.
- Adam Rank offers six implausible statements he still finds more believable than Brett Favre staying retired, in the latest Pick Six.
- Darren Sharper in New England? Daunte Culpepper in San Francisco? Catch up with the latest buzz in our Free Agency Tracker.
- Keep up with the latest on free agents, trades and position battles by following NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora‘s blog.
- Get geared up for the fantasy football season with NFL Network’s video fantasy previews.
- And get ready for your fantasy league draft with NFL.com’s all-encompassing draft kit.