Back to football, indeed.
Five more preseason games Friday night after five last night. Veterans returning to action, rookies having their first taste of NFL games. This is what we’ve been waiting to see.
Take a look at the entire preseason schedule, and don’t forget to watch all the action on NFL Network.
Here’s what else is on tap Friday:
- Here’s what Broncos QB Tim Tebow had to say about his preseason debut last night.
- The Patriots clobbered the Jaguars last night, but Tom Brady never took the field. Did the Patriots do the right thing by sitting their superstar to avoid potential injury, or should they have thrown the paying fans a bone by letting him sling it for a couple series? That is the Instant Debate topic our experts will tackle later on NFL.com.
- Meanwhile, former New England FB Heath Evans was a sideline reporter for NFL Network on Thursday night, and he had a friendly chat with his former boss, Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
- Speaking of New England, the “NFL Total Access” crew discussed the Patriots’ playoff viability.
- Remember Matt Leinart? The former Heisman Trophy winner and current Texans backup QB says he’s still confident he’ll someday have a chance to shine.
- In case you missed Thursday’s Instant Debate, the fellas chimed in on which “grudge match” they were most looking forward to this season. Mike Vick vs. the Falcons? Albert Haynesworth vs. the Redskins? Check it out.
- The Bills seem to have a lot of weapons on offense, but one of them — WR Lee Evans -– is hearing rumors that he’ll be traded.
- Get your weekend started right by listening to the Dave Dameshek Football Program. Dave and the gang talk about a variety of subjects … and they might even touch on their buddy, Peyton Manning.