Everyone remembers their first day of summer camp, right? Well. Today’s the day for nine lucky teams, and the rest of the 32 NFL teams open training camp in the next few days. With so much to do in so little time, every camp should have some interesting storylines to follow. For now, NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche looks at five of the most intriguing.
Here’s what else is on tap Wednesday:
- Here’s the rollout for all 32 training camps, along with locations.
- The Eagles are busy working on a new deal for Michael Vick and a possible trade of Kevin Kolb. NFL Network’s Albert Breer was at the Eagles facility Tuesday and filed this story detailing the situation.
- That said, it doesn’t look like a Kolb deal will happen all that fast.
- As expected, teams have been very active signing undrafted free agents. Here’s a rundown of who has signed thus far.
- NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks takes a look at some of the less-heralded free agents on the market who could make an impact.
- Of course, you can follow all the rumors about where free agents are going and who’s talking to whom by following Network insider Jason La Canfora‘s blog.
- The Jets are one of the key teams looking to re-sign some big-name free agents as well as pursue a few others. So QB Mark Sanchez has said he’d be happy to chip in some cash for the cause.
- In addition to the free-agent frenzy, don’t forget the fantasy frenzy. Get ready for your draft with NFL.com’s all-encompassing draft kit.
- Speaking of fantasy, if you happen to think Ravens RB Ray Rice will have a big year, you’ll be glad to know that NFL.com fantasy expert Michael Fabiano agrees with you. He said so in this week’s fantasy mailbag.