“Honestly,” said one NFL insider we know, “I think the biggest news of the day is Cutler breaking off his engagement to that girl.”
That’s debatable, but here’s the point: We here at NFL.com understand that lockout coverage isn’t the only thing going on in the NFL universe on a Monday morning. And apparently the impending marriage between the NFL and its players isn’t the only one people are talking about. Sure enough, Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler has broken off his engagement to reality TV personality (are you really a “star” if it’s reality TV?) Kristin Cavallari. No such cold feet for Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, who did close the deal on Saturday when he got married in suburban Pittsburgh. And like any good gossip site, we’ve got the photos to prove it.
Here’s what else is on tap Monday:
- OK, so maybe you’d rather read about the lockout nearing its end.
- Super-agent Drew Rosenhaus joined NFL Network Monday morning to talk about the impending free-agent frenzy.
- Some players said last week that new rules to lighten their load might actually make them soft. Michael Lombardi weighs in with his thoughts.
- Steve Wyche and Bucky Brooks talks all things lockout, with some special guests, in their weekly Cover 2 Podcast.
- Albert Breer, who’s been all over covering this lockout, talked yesterday with NFL Network’s Scott Hansen about how it was likely the last Sunday without football.
- Salary cap casualties: Find out which players might be too expensive for their teams to keep under the new salary cap.
- Did we really have to wait for the lockout to end to talk about a possible Brett Favre comeback? Gentlemen, start your engines!
- Will three days be enough for teams to prepare for free agency? NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora examines.
- If today does, in fact, officially kick off the NFL year, then it’s time to dive into your fantasy football preparation. The NFL.com Fantasy Draft Kit has everything you need.