We know you’ve been through a lot the last 24 hours waiting impatiently for an end to the lockout. We feel your pain. Deep breaths everyone. Still a little uncertainty… but it is Friday, so let’s try to enjoy it. How about a lockout-free First and 10? There’s plenty of non-lockout football here on NFL.com. So dig in.
Just one quick note before you do: In case you are interested in the latest labor news as it happens, we’ll have updates all day – and NFL Network will be covering the situation live all day starting at 8 a.m. ET.
Here’s what else is on tap Friday:
- Really only one way to kick off a Friday by talking football and not getting caught up in the lockout mess: Give a listen to the Dave Dameshek Football Program.
- The Rich Eisen Podcast does have some lockout talk in it – but it’s with Peter King and Jeff Fisher, so totally worth it. Plus, Rich talks to Bryan Cranston of “Breaking Bad.” Think they’re talking about the league’s drug policy?
- In today’s Instant Debate, our panel of experts has some differing opinions as to the true value of the NFL’s most anticipated free agent, Nnamdi Asomugha.
- The Dallas Cowboys have plenty of work to do to free up some cap room. NFL.com’s Pat Kirwan explains how they can clean up the mess.
- San Diego WR Vincent Jackson is a central figure in the lockout, but let’s ignore that for a sec and look at his on-field production. That’s the subject of today’s Data Points.
- NFL.com’s Gil Brandt revisits his list of the top 20 undrafted free agents who will be signed very quickly after that thing we aren’t talking about is over.
- Here’s some light-hearted fare for you: Assuming NFL Network’s round-the-clock coverage of the labor deal is over by next Saturday, they will air an episode of NFL Films’ Greatest Games. And you can help them choose which one.
- Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw says he would like to return to the Giants… but he’s also interested in taking his talents to South Beach.
- Speaking of former Giants, Plaxico Burress is also looking for a new team – but in the meantime he’s busy visiting school kids to talk about the dangers of guns.