Published: July 18th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Deion Branch, Emmitt Smith, Jeff Fisher, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Vick, Mike Vrabel, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Peter King, Philadelphia Eagles, Walter Payton
Could this be the week? All signs point to a labor agreement being announced at some point in the next few days — fingers crossed. And when it happens, be sure to come to NFL.com and tune into NFL Network for round-the-clock coverage of everything you need to know to get ready for the start of training camp and the preseason. And while we’re still waiting for that deal to get done, here’s a primer from NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan on what the teams will be scrambling to do in very short order.
Here’s what else is on tap Monday:
- Just in case you haven’t been giving much thought to the actual product on the field, NFL.com this morning kicks off a series looking at the state of each division. You know, where we left off before the lockout. In the AFC East, it’s all about the Patriots and Jets.
- In the NFC East, it’s all about some guy named Mike Vick and his high-flying Eagles.
- Tonight on “NFL Total Access,” we’ve got a couple of special guests in the studio to help get you cranked up for the season — Peter King of Sports Illustrated and former Titans coach Jeff Fisher. Check it out tonight at 7 p.m. ET.
- Last week we had the news that veteran LB Mike Vrabel was retiring after a terrific 14-year career. Vrabel hit the interview circuit after that announcement, and he had some strong comments regarding the whole James Harrison flap.
- Today is Deion Branch‘s 32nd birthday, so today’s Data Points looks at the exclusive club to which Branch belongs: Super Bowl MVPs from the wide receiver position.
- Oh, yeah, we mentioned something up top about the labor negotiations, right? Here’s the latest on what to expect in the next couple of days.
- Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald filed the second installment of his “travelogue” — complete with photos he took while on safari in Africa. If we were the Cardinals’ front office, not sure we’d let Fitzgerald get this close to lions and gorillas.
- In case you missed this video late last week, with the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement weekend less than three weeks away, the Total Access crew debated which Hall of Fame running back they preferred, Walter Payton or Emmitt Smith.
- There’s no better way to get the week started than by chatting live with NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan, who will join us today at 1 p.m. ET. Submit a question now.