Published: July 15th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Aaron Rodgers, Arena Football, Ben Roethlisberger, Charles Barkley, Hank Williams Jr., James Harrison, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers, Terrelle Pryor, Tim Tebow, Tony Romo
So we’ve been hanging out all week in Lake Tahoe at the celebrity golf tournament that’s chock full of NFL players (okay, “we” haven’t been there, but NFL Network cameras along with NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche have). And we’ve spoken to guys like Tim Tebow and Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo. But it’s not just football guys in attendance –- and you know it can’t be a legitimate celebrity golf tournament without the inimitable Charles Barkley. Then again, Barkley is a football guy — and he explains how in this video clip. He also talks about James Harrison, the lockout and even makes his Super Bowl picks for 2011.
But wait, there’s more! You can also catch a talkback with Barkley Friday night on “NFL Total Access” at 7 p.m. ET.
Here’s what else is on tap Friday:
- The latest update on the labor front is actually good news. Players and owners had a breakthrough Thursday night on the tricky rookie wage scale issue.
- As those talks continue, retired players are still pushing to get a seat at the table.
- Believe it or not, Steelers linebacker James Harrison offered an apology for the comments he previously said were taken out of context from his Men’s Journal article.
- Speaking of apologies from Harrison, today’s Pick Six looks at ways Harrison might show his remorse for things he said about teammate Ben Roethlisberger.
- Are you ready for some football? Tired cliché or not, apparently, Hank Williams Jr. is rarin’ to go.
- Friday’s Instant Debate topic: Where will former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor go in the supplemental draft? The answers vary greatly, but not surprisingly, the one team that is mentioned more than once: the Raiders.
- There is a difference between points per game and offensive points per game, and today’s Data Points will show you which teams fared the best in the latter category last year.
- It’s “Arena Football Friday” on NFL Network. With two games remaining in the regular season, the top two teams in the East Division of the American Conference face off tonight at 8 p.m ET. That, of course, means the first-place Cleveland Gladiators taking on the second-place Pittsburgh Power. But you knew that, didn’t you?
- Get your football Friday rolling with a live chat with analyst Bucky Brooks, who will join us at 3 p.m. ET. Submit a question now.