Sure, we all know that there’s very little fantasy stock to be taken when an NFL player discusses his own fantasy value. What’s he gonna say? He can be humble or ultra-positive, but he’s not offering any in-depth analysis –- and he’s certainly not giving you any points of comparison. So when NFL.com spoke to Lions QB Matt Stafford Wednesday, he didn’t say he’ll be putting up better numbers than Peyton Manning this season. Still, when a guy like Stafford says he is 100 percent healthy and ready to lead an explosive offense, you can’t help but get excited about it. Stafford has been dubbed a potential star among NFL.com’s fantasy experts this season. And this Q&A will do nothing to lessen that enthusiasm.
Here’s what else is on tap Thursday:
- More fantasy news: Randy Moss‘ agent says the one-time superstar receiver has a chip on his shoulder and is in great shape. Is he ready to be a major factor once again?
- As for other fantasy questions, Michael Fabiano’s weekly mailbag has all the answers.
- Today’s Instant Debate tackles the face of the lockout: Kevin Kolb. Speculation has the Eagles QB being traded to any of three NFC West teams. With which one would he make the biggest impact?
- Coincidentally, the NFC West just happens to be one of the divisions examined in today’s installments of Pat Kirwan‘s team needs series.
- The other division Kirwan tackles today is the wide-open AFC West.
- Did you see the ESPYs last night? Even if you did, chances are you did not see these awards handed out.
- Hall of Famer Joe Montana is in the news. Apparently, he heard voices telling him, “If you build it they will come.”
- Thursday is podcast day on NFL.com. Check back later to listen to both the Rich Eisen Podcast and the Dave Dameshek Football Program.
- Next week’s “America’s Game” airing is an “I Love the ‘80s” theme – and you can help choose which episode will air on July 23. Just visit this page to vote.