If there was any chance that Tarvaris Jackson might return to the Minnesota Vikings after the lockout is over, forget it. Jackson, who is working out in Minnesota with a group of players that includes Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald, spoke yesterday and his words probably will make the split official.
“Since Day 1, I don’t really think I was really welcome here,” Jackson said. Here’s the complete story.
Here’s what else is on tap Wednesday:
- Pat Kirwan’s positional rankings series continues with a look at the best defensive tackles in the game today.
- No link here yet, but keep an eye out for a very special column today from veteran NFL.com senior writer Vic Carucci.
- The Homefield Advantage series continues with a look at the greatest moments from the stadium currently known as Sun Life. That’s the home of the Dolphins, if you’re scoring at home.
- Happy birthday to Pro Football Hall of Fame offensive tackle Dan Dierdorf, who turns 62 today. In honor of perhaps the greatest Cardinal ever, here’s an old column from Steve Wyche looking back at the not-so-good ol’ days when the Cards played in St. Louis.
- During his live NFL.com chat Tuesday, Kirwan suggested that Philly might be a good landing spot for Vince Young. Here’s what he had to say.
- In case you missed it, here was yesterday’s Data Points, detailing the players with the most sacks since 2005. You might be surprised to see who is at the top.
- Veteran CB Ty Law hasn’t filed his retirement papers yet, and here’s why.
- Need a fantasy fix? Of course you do. So watch this video to learn which players benefit this year from favorable schedules.
- And speaking of guys with favorable schedules, Adam Rank identifies a QB who might be a great sleeper pick at the bottom of your draft.