Shame on you, Mr. Dameshek, for taking Hines Ward to task for his dancing prowess. Didn’t you see what happened to the football players in “Mr. Holland’s Opus” when they took ballet? Watch as Ward, who foxtrotted in the footsteps of other NFL greats such as Emmitt Smith and Lawrence Taylor on “Dancing with the Stars,” makes a surprise appearance on a special offseason edition of “The Same Report.”
And for you Dave Dameshek fans, be sure to keep a look out for the latest edition of the Dave Dameshek Football Program coming this afternoon.
Here’s what else is on tap Thursday:
- Much of the talk coming out of recent CBA negotiations is that fourth-year veterans would be eligible to become unrestricted free agents. Jason La Canfora takes a look at which high-profile players would hit the market if that goes down (spoiler alert: Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Breaston and Zach Miller would all be available).
- It’s going to be a feeding frenzy on the free-agent market once the labor impasse is solved. So reports Steve Wyche, who has put together a list of the players that will be most heavily pursued when teams get to OK to go after them.
- Trades, too, can commence once a collective bargaining agreement is in place and the league’s year begins. NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora looks at who might be traded (Kevin Kolb) and who might not (Kyle Orton).
- New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott “can’t wait” to see Rutgers linebacker Eric LeGrand walk again. Check out what he’s doing to make that a reality.
- Nobody’s questioning the Dallas Cowboys’ talent. But Brian Baldinger and Warren Sapp do have some questions about the Cowboys’ on-field leadership and whether that might be holding them back.
- Tiki Barber wants to play again in the NFL, but one sports-radio talk host preferred to quiz the 36-year-old former New York Giants running back about his “big failure” as he pursued a broadcasting career at NBC.
- Who are today’s true workhorse running backs? The numbers crunched on Data Points might surprise you. (Or not, if you’re a big fan of Steven Jackson.)
- Today’s debate: Should NFL go to an 18-game schedule? Or are 16 games just right?
- What is the ultimate Los Angeles Rams jersey to own? Our Adam Rank takes a look in his daily Pick Six.
- Senior writer Steve Wyche’s weekly live chat is set for noon ET. Throw a question or two his way. It’s analyst Bucky Brooks’ turn at 2 p.m. ET. You can submit a query to him, too.