Not only do the Bears and Packers have the oldest rivalry in the NFL, they inhabit two of the league’s most historic venues. As part of our continuing series on the top five moments at the NFL’s 10 oldest stadiums, we took a look at Soldier Field’s most memorable moments on Tuesday. Today, the series moves north, to the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field.
Here’s what else is on tap Wednesday:
- Everyone agrees the clock is ticking on the 2011 NFL season — including the players and owners. And the parties are doing something about it by continuing their negotiations. NFL Network’s Albert Breer will provide updates throughout the day on NFL Network and NFL.com.
- Steve Wyche and Bucky Brooks played host to sack-man supreme DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys and a man he’s all too familiar with from their NFC East showdowns, Redskins tight end Chris Cooley, on the latest installment of the Cover Two Podcast, which is available for your listening pleasure.
- Respect your elders. At least when it comes to the league’s elite cornerbacks. NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan breaks down the top shutdown men.
- Is it really a feud if it isn’t played out on Twitter? That’s up for debate, and while you mull that over, our Adam Rank offers a rundown on the best and worst of the NFL’s Twitter quarrels.
- With all this talk about which team will one day end up in Los Angeles, Rank is going old school –- really old school -– on Wednesday’s Pick Six, selecting a half-dozen L.A. Rams jerseys you ought to own. Expecting parents will want to check out Tuesday’s Pick Six, with a few NFL names for your baby son. Bum, perhaps?
- Dave Dameshek’s “Shame Report” will check in with Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, the “Dancing With the Stars” champion.
- How relevant is Mr. Irrelevant? Houston Texans defensive end Cheta Ozougwu, taken from Rice with the final selection in April’s NFL Draft, weighs in on the pluses of going last.
- Today’s debate: When free agency opens after the labor impasse has been solved, which team will be the quickest to the phone — and which player will they be looking to sign?
- NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora checks in for his weekly live chat at noon ET to discuss the latest news around the league. Submit a question now.