Published: June 17th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Albert Haynesworth, Cris Collinsworth, Dave Dameshek, Green Bay Packers, Green Lantern, Hines Ward, JaMarcus Russell, Jermichael Finley, Kyle Chandler, LeSean McCoy, Osi Umenyiora, Rich Eisen, Tony Romo
The ring’s the thing Friday. While the NFL champion Green Bay Packers received their Super Bowl rings Thursday in a private ceremony, the big ring news today is the release of the new movie Green Lantern. And that gave us a perfect opportunity for a Pick Six on which NFL players would best be cast as members of the Justice League. Who is the NFL’s Green Lantern? Hint: He’s got green in his uniform, too, and he just became immortalized with a ring.
Here’s what else is on tap Friday:
- We’ve got podcasts all over the place today. And as we teased yesterday, the Rich Eisen Podcast has gone “multi-platform.” Eisen’s guests this week included Hines Ward, Cris Collinsworth and Super 8 star Kyle Chandler. Have a listen.
- Meanwhile, the Dave Dameshek Football Program took on the subject of football in Los Angeles. They also talked about which band is better –- the Allman Brothers or Lynyrd Skynyrd –- and you can help decide by voting in the poll.
- Speaking of football in L.A., which existing team do you think is the favorite to move there? According the the home page poll on NFL.com, it’s San Diego by a slim margin. But you can still have a say in the outcome.
- Today’s Instant Debate seems a little obvious, but –- believe it or not –- some of our experts think that all-time draft bust JaMarcus Russell just might get another shot at the NFL.
- Yesterday we posted a reference to NFL Insider Jason La Canfora’s chat in which he speculated on the future of troubled Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth. Here’s what La Canfora had to say about the subject on “NFL Total Access.”
- Packers TE Jermichael Finley or Cowboys QB Tony Romo -– whose return from 2010 injury is more anticipated? Warren Sapp and Jamie Dukes debated the subject on “NFL Total Access” last night.
- Have you heard about the awesome new feud Eagles RB LeSean McCoy has created with Giants DE Osi Umenyiora? McCoy tweeted yesterday that sack-man Umenyiora was “soft.” At least one person thinks there might be a method to McCoy’s madness. As for Umenyiora, he has some heavy sentiments of his own for Giants management, who he says made false promises on his future with Big Blue in 2008.
- Who says there’s no football? Don’t forget that it’s Arena Football Friday on NFL Network tonight. The Orlando Thunder take on the Tampa Bay Storm starting at 8 p.m. Don’t miss the “greatest game indoors.”
- NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche dives into the chat room today – you can rap with Steve about all the latest NFL news today at noon ET. Submit a question now.