Published: June 14th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Ahmad Bradshaw, Andrew Whitworth, Chad Ochocinco, Detroit Lions, Leonard Pope, Matthew Stafford, Ndamukong Suh, Raheem Morris, Reggie Wayne, Sidney Rice, Terrelle Pryor
Is he or isn’t he? At some point Monday night, there was a tweet from Chad Ochocinco saying he was “looking forward to tomorrow’s route running at 11 am Throwing with Terrell Pryor.” Could it be? Two of the most controversial figures in Ohio sports working out together Tuesday? Ochocinco, who may or may not be returning to the Cincinnati Bengals this season (OK, probably not), and Terrelle Pryor, the former quarterback from Ohio State who may or may not be applying for the NFL’s supplemental draft? Quite a combination. Problem is, a look at the @ochocinco timeline from last night, looks like that tweet is gone. Hmm. Just a publicity stunt from Ochocinco? Did he simply have a change of plans? Who knows? But if there’s any truth to the story, then we will certainly have more information about it on NFL.com later today.
Here’s what else is on tap Tuesday:
- After spending so much time and effort on his series chronicling the top 20 games of 2010, did you think Elliot Harrison could resist bringing you the worst games of last season? Of course not, and he lists them here.
- After Reggie Wayne‘s appearance Sunday night in the “Top 100 Players of 2011” series, we asked our panel of Instant Debate experts if the Colts receiver is worthy of his spot on the list. Opinions varied.
- “It’s good to hear the positive news for once,” is one of the comments at the bottom of NFL.com’s story about Kansas City Chiefs TE Leonard Pope saving the life of a drowning boy in a Georgia pool over the weekend. Pope joined “NFL Total Access” last night to talk about it, and here’s the clip.
- Speaking of video clips, check out this cool video of NFL players talking about what it means to sacrifice on the football field.
- Later today on NFL.com, senior writer Steve Wyche will have a story on some key veteran free agents that would be better off in 2011 if they stayed with their current teams. (We’re talking about you, Ahmad Bradshaw and Sidney Rice.)
- Also be on the lookout later today for the newest edition of the Cover 2 Podcast, featuring NFL.com insiders Wyche and Bucky Brooks. Their guests today include Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris and Bengals OT Andrew Whitworth.
- All you fantasy players waiting to see if Lions QB Matthew Stafford is back at 100 percent health, check out how he looks at a recent players-only workout.
- Speaking of the Lions, what’s the deal with Ndamukong Suh not spending much time with the team (but still setting the bar high for ’11)? Gil Brandt discussed the situation yesterday during his live chat on NFL.com.
- NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan checks in for a live chat today at 1 p.m. ET. Submit a question now.