You might have heard the news earlier this week that USC had its 2004 national title stripped by the BCS due to rules violations tied to current New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush.
This, of course, has led to all sorts of space-time continuum questions about what that really means. It’s not like you can go back into the era of W., Ashlee Simpson, and “Arrested Development” and change what happened on that night at the Orange Bowl, right?
(Cut to a profusely sweating Pete Carroll crossing his fingers tightly …)
Anyway, NFL.com’s Adam Rank expanded on that idea in his latest Pick Six, taking some of his perceived injustices of the NFL’s past and making them right.
Let us hop into the DeLorean and see what else is on tap Wednesday:
- Former Jets and Browns coach Eric Mangini is back for more tonight on “NFL Total Access.” Don’t miss what Mangini had to say on the show yesterday about Darrelle Revis, the superstar cornerback he once drafted. As an added bonus, you can chat with the coach at 2 p.m. ET on NFL.com.
- No. 3 on our top games of 2010: Playing without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and Matt Flynn gave the Patriots all they could handle in a Sunday night thriller. Who can forget when 313-pound Dan Connolly picked up that squib kick and chugged towards glory?
- The Rich Eisen Podcast is now up and jam-packed with guests, including Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, Bucs teammates Kellen Winslow and Ronde Barber, and the great Marv Albert.
- How are the Rams handling the lockout? What is life like in Minnesota with no Favre Watch? And which younger, free-agent quarterbacks can compete for starting jobs next season? NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche and NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks have it covered in the second Cover Two Podcast this week.
- In Wednesday’s Data Points, Elliot Harrison takes a look at the underrated statistic of first-down run defense. Mangini might want to avoid this one.
- NFL.com personnel guru Gil Brandt calls Hue Jackson a “great hire” for the Raiders, and suggests they could be a team on the verge of something special. This and other insights are available in the recap of his Tuesday live chat.
- NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora checks in for his weekly live chat at noon ET to discuss the latest news around the league. Send a question now.
- Now that Plaxico Burress is a free man, the crew at “NFL Total Access” felt free to add him to the discussion of which free-agent wide receiver — Burress, Terrell Owens or Randy Moss — has the most value in free agency? Be sure to check back often for the latest on potential destinations for all three.