A lot of NFL players are gathering with their teammates for players-only workouts these days. Others are in St. Louis on Friday to show support for the NFLPA as the labor battle goes back to the courtroom. As for Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Kellen Winslow? He’s got much more important things to do — like hang out at the NFL.com and NFL Network office! That’s right, Winslow is the latest player to stop by, and you can check him out tonight on “NFL Total Access.”
Here’s what else is on tap today:
- We’ve got a bunch of video clips from Chris Cooley’s two-day stint on “NFL Total Access” this week. Perhaps the one you may have missed was this demonstration of Cooley’s prowess on the pottery wheel (seriously, it’s his passion) –- as well as Rich Eisen‘s lack of pottery prowess.
- Did we just mention Rich Eisen – Mr. Podcast himself? Of course, Cooley couldn’t make it through the NFL.com/NFL Network carwash without a stop on the ol’ podcast. But Cooley was just one of many guests this week. Give a listen.
- Also for your listening pleasure today, we’ve got the latest installment of the Dave Dameshek Football Program. Dave might not get as many cool guests as Eisen does, but as Dameshek tweeted last night: “Sometimes a burger is a nice alternative to steak.”
- Of course, the big news Friday will be what takes place in St. Louis. Here is Albert Breer’s primer of what to expect when the NFL and NFLPA go before the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Game No. 6 on our list of the top games of 2010 features a tight playoff tussle between the Colts and Jets.
- Earlier in the week, our experts debated the pecking order of the NFL’s top quarterbacks. Today in Data Points, we look at how those QBs ranked in the fourth quarter of games last season.
- With all the talk of veteran receivers like Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco hitting the market when free agency begins, NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks goes under the microscope with the Interactive Scouting Report to see how these guys stack up.
- Don’t forget to cast your vote in this week’s Fans’ Choice ballot to help program NFL Network. This week you can decide which Sound FX episode they’ll air. Some good choices here.
- And, of course, it wouldn’t be a football Friday without a Vic Carucci chat. Vic hits the chat room at noon ET. As always, you can submit a question now.