Did you see the news Wednesday that the Buffalo Bills are unveiling new uniforms this season? Does it make you pine for the old days when the AFL’s Bills wore that unassuming bison logo on the helmet? Well, we have married the Pick Six feature with a photo essay to give you a visual rundown of some great old-school jerseys. This will get the full home-page treatment later Thursday, but you can catch a sneak peek right here.
Here’s what else is on tap today:
- Hope you caught Redskins tight end Chris Cooley on “NFL Total Access” last night. What, you missed it? Lucky for you, Cooley is back for more tonight. And we promise you there will be a very entertaining segment with Cooley and some clay. In the meantime, Cooley picked the five best tight ents in football yesterday. Was he one of them? You’ll have to watch this clip to find out.
- By now you may have heard about Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz dubbing his defensive line the “Silver Crush,” after soliciting nickname ideas via his Twitter account. We posted a blog about it yesterday, asking for fans to continue to offer their ideas. Hey, maybe Schwartz will see your comments and call an audible. We’ve already got a few good ones, so check out the story and then give us your best suggestions.
- By Thanksgiving last year, the New Orleans Saints were starting to roll, so few expected the Dallas Cowboys – out of the playoff picture at that point – to provide much resistance, And that’s one of the reasons why it’s our No. 7 game of 2010.
- Let’s say the lockout makes it tough for the teams that drafted quarterbacks high this year to work their new passers into the starting lineup. Which of these teams had the best passer ratings last year? That’s the subject of today’s Data Points.
- Steelers WR Hines Ward is the latest player to speak out against the new rules designed to eliminate illegal hits in the NFL. Well, one prominent veteran defensive coach tells us he has no sympathy for the players that are complaining.
- Look who’s got a podcast! It’s NFL.com senior writer Steve Wyche and NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks teaming up for the Cover Two Podcast. And wouldn’t you know, Wyche and Brooks are both chatting today on NFL.com. So here’s your assignment: First, give the podcast a listen…
- Second, submit a question for Wyche and then join his chat today at noon ET…
- Then submit a question for Brooks and join his chat at 2 p.m. ET.
- And if that’s not enough knowledge to drop on you, then cap it off with this look at the commencement speech that New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick gave at his son’s graduation.