Hope you all enjoyed a fun and safe Memorial Day. Did you spend it at a barbecue with friends and family? You probably were saying to yourself, “I wonder what New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman is doing on Memorial Day?” Well, funny you asked. Edelman, the former college quarterback who now catches passes from Tom Brady – and rivals his QB for longest hair on the team – stopped by NFL Network for an appearance on “NFL Total Access.” And, of course, we cornered him for a quick Q&A.
Here’s what else is on tap today:
- Edelman wasn’t the only receiver visiting the studio Monday. Denver’s Brandon Lloyd also stopped by. He discussed his iconic QB, custom burgers and much more in a wide-ranging interview.
- The Minnesota Vikings will hold a players-only workout at the IMG facilities in Bradenton, Fla., this afternoon. We’ll have cameras there and will have coverage of the practice later today on “NFL Total Access.”
- Game No. 9 in the Top 20 Games of 2010 series features that Favre guy in what (we think) was his final game in Lambeau.
- Hard to believe players weren’t skeptical enough about Brett Favre’s retirement to go ahead and include him in the Top 100 Players of 2011. But they didn’t. Nevertheless, Dave Dameshek and Adam Rank still found plenty to debate about this week’s Top 100 episode in this bonus podcast.
- Before we unveil Tuesday’s Data Points, here’s a review of yesterday’s chart of the day, which took a deeper look at the “face of the lockout,” Eagles QB Kevin Kolb.
- And to review the big football news from Monday, Jim Tressel stepped down as head coach of Ohio State. Buckeyes alum and NFL.com reporter Albert Breer speculated on whether or not Tressel might make a good NFL coach.
- Meanwhile, NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt – a close friend of Tressel’s – quickly downplayed that possibility.
- Two chats on tap today. NFL.com senior analyst Pat Kirwan, fresh off his ranking of the top running backs in the league, will kick it off at noon ET. Submit a question here.
- And right after that, personnel guru Gil Brandt joins the chat at 1 p.m. ET. Submit a question for Gil here.