Every year, the Pro Football Hall of Fame holds a contest to select the best photographs from the previous season. Some are dramatic, some funny. Some introspective and some filled with action. NFL.com is proud to roll out a photo essay not only giving you a glimpse of the best photos, but an explanation from the photographers themselves about what they shot and how they captured the image. We think you’ll enjoy, so check it out here.
Here’s what else is on tap for Thursday:
- Have all these informal workouts organized by the players been beneficial to their preparation for the 2011 season? That’s the topic of today’s Instant Debate.
- If it’s Thursday, it must be time for the polls to open. Fans get to vote on which Super Bowl classic they’d like to see on NFL Network next weekend. Go ahead, Vote early and often.
- It should come as no surprise that New England’s Tom Brady had the best third-down passer rating last season. But you might be surprised to see some of the other names on the leaderboard. Check it out in today’s Data Points chart.
- No. 12 in NFL.com’s list of the top games of 2010 is the Week 16 thriller between the Jets and Bears.
- Keep an eye out for today’s Pick Six, which will look at guys from the NFL you might want to invite to your bachelor party.
- Jets QB Mark Sanchez was live in the NFL Network studios yesterday, and he looked back at last season’s tough AFC title game loss during his appearance on “NFL Total Access.”
- And speaking of the Sanchize, one of his stops along the NFL Network/NFL.com carwash was a visit to the Rich Eisen Podcast. Give a listen.
- We teased you earlier in the week about a Steve Wyche story detailing 10 moves that teams needed to make before the season begins. It didn’t get posted right away, but here it is.
- Thursday’s NFL.com chat features Bucky Brooks, who will break it down for us. Submit a question now.