Published: May 24th, 2011 | Tags: First and 10, Andre Johnson, Cam Newton, Cameron Wake, Darren Sproles, Gary Kubiak, Houston Texans, Jared Allen, Kevin Kolb, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Nnamdi Asomugha, Randy Moss, Sidney Rice
Now that Texans coach Gary Kubiak has agreed to be in studio Tuesday for “NFL Total Access” on NFL Network, he must be thrilled about star WR Andre Johnson‘s recent comments about trying to recruit free-agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha. “Oh great,” Kubiak must be thinking, “now they’re going to grill me about Nnamdi.” That might, and they’ll likely also ask him about Texans FB Vonta Leach, who became a controversial member of NFL Network’s “Top 100 Players of 2011” series. They certainly will cover a few other topics as Kubiak helps the NFLTA crew present the Texans in Tuesday’s “32 Teams in 32 Days” segment.
Here’s what else is on tap today:
- Panthers top pick Cam Newton was in the news earlier this month because there was some controversy over his jersey number. So if we may offer some advice, Tuesday’s Pick Six takes us through the best numbers historically worn by NFL quarterbacks. And we’ll even come up with a suggestion for Newton going forward.
- As mentioned yesterday, pass rusher Cameron Wake was in studio to help “NFL Total Access” present the Dolphins in the “32 Teams in 32 Days” segment. NFL.com also managed to get a few minutes with Wake.
- And here’s the aforementioned “32 in 32” video.
- Kevin Kolb to the Cardinals? Well, a lot of people are saying that. How about Asomugha to the Bucs? Darren Sproles to the Rams? Sidney Rice… staying put in Minnesota? These are just some of the deals that Steve Wyche says need to get done as soon as the lockout is lifted. Look for his story later today on NFL.com.
- Did you see the story that the Jets might be interested in veteran WR Randy Moss? NFL Network’s Jamie Dukes says that would be a good fit.
- In the countdown of the top 20 games of 2010, No. 14 is a Week 13 affair in which two pick-six touchdowns against Peyton Manning almost wasn’t enough for the Cowboys to knock off the Colts. Almost.
- Tuesday’s Instant Debate asks this question: Which rookie might have landed in the wrong spot and thus could have a tough adjustment? Our panel of NFL.com experts chimed in.
- In today’s Data Points, the number support why Vikings DE Jared Allen has a legitimate beef about being ranked only No. 80 on the NFL Top 100 list.
- Today’s NFL.com chat features senior analyst Gil Brandt, who will stop by at 1 p.m. ET. Submit a question here.