What if Bills receiver Stevie Johnson didn’t drop that should-have-been game-winning TD pass in overtime against the Steelers last season? Perhaps Pittsburgh wouldn’t have won the AFC North and advanced to the Super Bowl. We’ll never know. But what we do know is that this game was deemed the 17th-best game of the 2010 season by NFL.com’s Elliot Harrison, who puts it under the spotlight Thursday as his Top 20 countdown continues.
Here are some other things to check out today:
- If you’re a Bills fan depressed after reliving the game referenced above, here’s your chance to feel better. You can hearken back to the glory days by voting for the 1992 playoff comeback win over the Oilers and then watching that classic game this weekend on NFL Network. We’ve got a few classics teed up, and the Network will choose which game it airs Saturday based on the fans’ choice.
- Wednesday on NFL.com, we featured a look back at the best free-agent signings of last decade. Spinning it forward, here’s the list of free agents that will hit the market when free agency begins this year.
- Today’s Instant Debate focuses on a very popular debate topic: Michael Vick. Can he repeat his success of 2010? Our experts weigh in.
- Later today, NFL.com will post a feature taking you behind the scenes as Steelers WR Hines Ward continues his run through “Dancing With the Stars.” In the meantime, catch up on how Ward did this week.
- Speaking of the Steelers, where exactly do they stand in their battle with New England to be called the team of the 2000s? Thursday’s Data Points offers a comparison.
- We told you yesterday that Jaguars TE Marcedes Lewis would be on “NFL Total Access.” Here’s a Q&A we posted during his viisit.
- Meanwhile, Falcons first-round draft pick Julio Jones also dropped by NFL Network this week. And fellow first-rounder Christian Ponder tweeted this picture of Jones in the Network make-up room.
- Thursday’s NFL.com chat features senior writer Steve Wyche, who loves nothing more than rapping with the fans. Wyche enters the chat room at noon ET, but you can submit your questions now.
- On tap for later today, NFL.com senior writer Vic Carucci talks to New York Giants TE Kevin Boss, who will offer some behind-the-scenes details of the Giants’ players-only workouts.