While quarterback Ryan Mallett was the headliner at Arkansas’ pro day on Tuesday, he was not the only player that the 21 teams present wanted a closer look at.
A total of 21 Razorbacks worked out indoors on a fast track.
Mallett (6-foot-6 1/4, 247 pounds) threw 50 passes, with only one errant, after doing a couple of drills. He clocked 5.37 seconds in the 40-yard dash. His vertical jump improved to 26 inches (from 24 at the combine) and he had an 8- foot, 3-inch broad jump.
Other highlights from Arkansas players included:
– DE Damario Ambrose (6-3 1/2, 260) ran the 40 in 4.76, the short shuttle in 4.32 and the 3-cone in 7.39. His vertical was 33 1/2 and his broad jump was 9-7. He bench pressed 17 reps. He did not attend the combine.
– CB Ramon Broadway (5-8, 190) ran the 40 in 4.45 and the 3-cone in 7.09. He did not do the shuttle run. His vertical was 41 inches and broadjump was 9-11. He benched 17 reps. He did not attend the combine.
– OL Ray Dominguez (6-4, 334) did all the drills except bench press, standing on his combine number of 21. Dominguez ran the 40 in 5.30, the short shuttle in 4.75 and the 3-cone drill in 7.99. He vertical jumped 28 1/2 inches and broad jumped 7 feet, 10 inches.
– OL DeMarcus Love (6-4 5/8, 316) ran the 40 in 5.07 and did positional drills — as all the prospects did — but otherwise he stood on his combine numbers.
– TE David “D.J.” Williams stood on all of his combine numbers.