AUBURN, Ala. — One of the biggest pro days of the scouting season was held Tuesday at Auburn, where all 32 NFL teams sent representatives — 125 personnel in all — to watch 22 players work out outdoors on the grass at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
From a scout’s perspective, Auburn runs a very well-organized event, including 20 minutes devoted to each position for individual drills, which all players did unless otherwise noted.
The main attractions were certainly QB Cam Newton and DT Nick Fairley, but after going through my notes here are some more results to pass along from the other 20 prospects who worked out:
- Officially, Newton weighed in at 244 pounds, while DT Nick Fairley weighed in at 297. Fairley stood on his combine numbers and was unable to do the bench press because of a right shoulder injury.
- WR Darvin Adams (6-foot-1 7/8, 194) stood on his combine times in the 40 but he had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot, 9-inch broad jump, a 4.33-second short shuttle and a 6.98-second three-cone drill.
- DL Zach Clayton (6-2, 299), who was not at the Combine, ran a 4.79 40, had a 33 1/2 vertical jump, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.44 shuttle and a 7.37 three-cone. He bench pressed 27 reps.
- DL Mike Blanc (6-2 ½, 281) ran a 5.0 40. He was not at the combine.
- LB Josh Bynes (6-1 5/8, 240) ran 4.81 and 4.88 40s. He measured a 33 vertical, a 9-8 broad jump and timed 4.32 in the shuttle and 7.11 in the three-cone. He bench pressed 21 reps. He was not at the combine.
- WR Kodi Burns (6-0 1/8, 206) ran a 4.7 40. He was not at the combine.
- S Zac Etheridge (5-11 1/4, 201) ran a 4.63 40. His jumps were 34 (vertical) and 9-9 (broad), and he clocked 4.27 in the shuttle and 6.94 in the three-cone. He also put up 14 reps. He was not at the combine.
- DE Antoine Carter (6-3 3/8, 259) ran a 4.79 in the 40.
- RB Mario Fannin weighed in at 229 and stood on most of his combine times. He broad jumped 9-8 and ran a 6.71 in the three-cone.
- DB Demond Washington (5-8 5/8, 180) ran a 4.45 40. His jumps were 32 1/2 (vertical) and 9-9 (broad). He clocked 4.41 in the shuttle and 6.97 in the three-cone. He benched 14 reps. He was not at the combine.
- WR Terrell Zachery (5-11 ¼, 205) ran a 4.44 40.
- OL Lee Ziemba weighed in at 318 and ran 5.50 and 5.46 in the 40. He had a 28 in the vertical jump and 8-4 in the broad jump.