INDIANAPOLIS — The first group of defensive linemen is done with the 40-yard dash, so we have some unofficial times to pass along.
If there’s a continuing trend when it comes to combine numbers, it’s that the times for defensive linemen are getting better and better every year as the positions continue to evolve. We’ll have more on that later.
For now, here’s a look at some of the early times Monday:
1. Sam Acho, Texas: 4.63 seconds
2. Chris Carter, Fresno State: 4.66
3. Ugo Chinasa, Oklahoma State: 4.67
4. Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue: 4.67
5. Christian Ballard, Iowa: 4.70
6. Cameron Jordan, Cal: 4.71
Two of the top defensive tackle prospects also ran well. Auburn DT Nick Fairley clocked in at 4.82, and Alabama DT Marcell Dareus ran in 4.92.