Published: January 2nd, 2011 | Tags: Brian Williams, Bryant McFadden, Calvin Johnson, Chris Harris, Chris Ivory, Corey Hilliard, Dannell Ellerbe, Danny Woodhead, Ed Reed, Elbert Mack, Haloti Ngata, Jimmy Graham, Josh Wilson, Kenny Britt, Major Wright, Malcolm Jenkins, Maurice Stovall, Maurkice Pouncey, Max Jean-Gilles, Michael Oher, Nick Roach, Rich Seubert, Sean Witherspoon, Vincent Jackson, Week 17 injuries 2011, Yeremiah Bell
A look at some of the notable injuries around the NFL in Week 17:
- Ravens coach John Harbaugh said LT Michael Oher (sprained knee) and DL Haloti Ngata (undisclosed injury) could have returned against the Bengals. Ed Reed also left the game late, and told reporters he wouldn’t know the nature or the seriousness of an injury to his rib area until talking with team doctors. The Ravens also lost CB Josh Wilson and LB Dannell Ellerbe to shoulder stingers.
- Saints coach Sean Payton didn’t offer any updates on FS Malcom Jenkins (knee), TE Jimmy Graham (ankle) or RB Chris Ivory (foot), all injured against the Bucs.
- Patriots RB Danny Woodhead didn’t return against the Dolphins after sustaining a head injury, while DL Myron Pryor suffered an eye injury.
- Dolphins SS Yeremiah Bell walked off under his own power during the third quarter.
- No updates were available on the injuries to Falcons LB Sean Witherspoon (shoulder) or CB Brian Williams (knee).
- The Bucs lost WR Maurice Stovall (groin) and CB Elbert Mack (head).
- Eagles starter G Max Jean-Gilles was sidelined against the Cowboys with a left ankle injury.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson was active but didn’t play against the Vikings because of his right ankle injury. Starting RT Corey Hilliard left the game with a knee injury.
- Giants C Rich Seuburt suffered a dislocated right knee cap against the Redskins.
- Two starters for the Steelers — CB Bryant McFadden (groin) and C Maurkice Pouncey (shoulder stringer) — didn’t finish the game against the Browns.
- The Bears lost LB Nick Roach (shoulder), FS Chris Harris (shoulder stringer) and FS Major Wright (leg) against the Packers. Bears coach Lovie Smith said he didn’t believe any of the injuries were serious.
- Titans WR Kenny Britt didn’t return after injuring his groin.
- Chargers WR Vincent Jackson suffered a left ankle injury and didn’t return against the Broncos.