Published: December 26th, 2010 | Tags: Matt Hasselbeck, Calvin Johnson, Zach Miller, Champ Bailey, Earnest Graham, Knowshon Moreno, Lee Robinson, Anthony Fasano, Chris Houston, Tavares Gooden, Arrelious Benn, James Ihedigbo, Carlos Rogers, Dennis Pitta, Phillip Adams, Mike Tolbert, Nolan Carroll, Week 16 injuries 2010, Morgan Cox, Lydon Murtha, David Nelson, Keaston Kristick
With Sunday’s Week 16 games in the books, here’s a look at the notable injuries around the league:
- It was a scary scene in Cincinnati when Chargers RB Mike Tolbert was taken off the field on a stretcher with a neck injury. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reported initial tests done on Tolbert were negative, and he avoided serious injury.
- Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck was sidelined early by a hip injury. Danny O’Neil of The Seattle Times reported Hasselbeck isn’t expected to practice this week.
- Buccaneers rookie WR Arrelious Benn (knee) and RB Earnest Graham (neck) didn’t return after suffering injuries against the Seahawks.
- The Broncos played much of Sunday’s game against the Texans without CB Champ Bailey (ankle) and RB Knowshon Moreno (ribs). Backup LB Lee Robinson also left the game late with a hamstring injury.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh said LB Tavares Gooden (dislocated shoulder) and LS Morgan Cox (knee) sustained injuries against the Browns. According to the team’s official site, TE Dennis Pitta (concussion) was also injured. Harbaugh indicated Cox could have “serious” knee damage, which he believes is a torn ligament. There was no mention of WR Derrick Mason, who limped off the field during the fourth quarter.
- The Dolphins lost TE Anthony Fasano (knee) and RT Lydon Murtha (head) against the Lions. The Associated Press also reported reserve CB Nolan Carroll left the game in the first half with a concussion.
- Lions HC Jim Schwartz said WR Calvin Johnson will be day to day after re-aggravating his ankle injury and sitting out the fourth quarter Sunday, while CB Chris Houston didn’t return after injuring his shoulder.
- The Redskins lost CB Carlos Rogers to a calf injury. Rogers told The Washington Post he hopes to play in the season finale against the Giants.
- Bills HC Chan Gailey told reporters TE David Nelson won’t play in the season finale next week due to the rib injury he suffered against the Patriots.
- Jaguars reserve TE Zach Miller didn’t return after suffering a concussion in the first quarter against the Redskins.
- 49ers backup CB Phillip Adams was carted off with a broken left ankle against the Rams. Matt Maiocco reported rookie LB Keaton Kristick sustained a concussion.
- Jets HC Rex Ryan said backup SS James Ihedigbo will likely sit out next week against the Bills after sustaining a knee injury against the Bears.