Here is the list of running backs who are better — fantasy wise — than Bears RB Matt Forte.
All of them.
Sorry, I just went ahead and gave you the Cliff Notes version. But think about this for a moment. You would have been better off starting Colts RB Javarris James the past two weeks. And James would not have cost you a somewhat high draft pick.
But what about Cardinals RB Beanie Wells? I hear you, but consider this: Wells just doesn’t play. So he’s not in your lineup. Forte starts for some of you and he is not putting up the points.
Here are some other observations from the — what my West Coast roots compel me to call — the 10 a.m. games.
- Lions RB Jahvid Best, you are on the list. There was so much promise for you this year, yet you continue to disappoint. This is what you came up against the Bills? But again, that’s on me for thinking that any of the Lions — other than Calvin Johnson — would come through.
- Jets RB LaDainian Tomlinson will continue to have a role because he is valuable out of the backfield. Plus, the Jets are going to continue to squeeze what they can get out of LT before he takes his rightful place on the stationary bike. Shonn Greene is coming.
- Do not sit Browns RB Peyton Hillis. He’s earned it.
- Dolphins K Dan Carpenter is a better fantasy option than WR Brandon Marshall. At one point I thought that Carpenter was going to play quarterback for the Dolphins. Does anybody have Don Strock‘s number? He probably has a stronger shoulder than Chad Pennington.
- Jaguars WR Mike Thomas got 11 fantasy points for that desperation catch. And really, jeers to any of you who referred to it as a ‘Hail Mary.’ There was only one ‘Hail Mary’ in NFL history. Calling this play the ‘Hail Mary’ would be as absurd as calling it ‘The catch.’
- There were a number of teams interested in Panthers RB Mike Goodson after the final cuts. Now you know why. But leaving those fantasy points on the board is painful. Did any of you start him?